Professional Incident Command System Training
Respond faster and more efficiently with our incident command system training. Our professional staff has more than 500 years of combined experience and are uniquely qualified to provide comprehensive training. We have the knowledge and expertise to ensure your incident command system performs effectively if disaster should strike. Rely on us to keep you ready for any emergency situation.
Implementation of Our Training
Here at Knowledge Saves Lives, Inc., based in Merced, CA, we are committed to assisting with your team’s emergency preparedness. Our priority is ensuring that when the time comes, you will be ready for any situation. In order to best help you accomplish this, our ICS training courses include:
- Collecting current Incident Command System (ICS) documentation and meeting with district staff (Security, Operations, Facilities, Executive, and Incident Command Team) to determine the gap between command center readiness and staff preparation, and response to an emergency.
- Preparing a standardized Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) specifically for the district and submit it to the district’s policy group for approval and implementation.
- Locating, designing, and equipping a fully functional Emergency Operations Center (EOC) for the district.
- Authoring the district’s Individual Action Plan (IAP) related to emergency operations. (This plan gives the staff a detailed checklist of the roles and responsibilities outlined for specific emergencies.)
- Training the Incident Command Team (ICT) of the district for responses to various emergencies.
- Conducting a live drill at the end of the project combining the training, planning, and emergency operations center of the district.
Training from the Experts
Your emergency operations plan development will be conducted by professional law enforcement and ICS certified staff. When you need emergency response training, you want experts who know the field better than anyone. That’s why we employ a team that has previous experience as Incident Commanders at major emergency events and has provided emergency preparedness training to California school districts as well as city, county, state, and federal authorities and agencies.
Our organization will dedicate more than 200 hours to each project and provide resources for your district’s Incident Command Team anywhere in California. Each phase of training is provided on a bi-weekly or monthly basis depending on your schedule, how your team responds to the training, and the pace at which we can find a suitable command center location. The project completion time varies based on the district’s individual needs. Average completion time of the ICS project is 16-24 weeks.